Ethical Rules of the Swedish Construction SectorThese rules are intended to ensure that those involved in the Swedish construction sector behave in such a way that the sector is viewed as a respected part of Swedish industry. The rules shall encourage competition and equal treatment of companies and other players, regardless of size. The rules shall also stimulate those involved in the Swedish infrastructure construction sector to meet society's expectations of responsible enterprise with regard to such aspects as quality, the environment and the workplace environment. Those involved in the Swedish construction sector shall seek to provide attractive workplaces generating long-term value for customers and society.
- Those involved in the Swedish construction sector shall not undertake assignments that conflict with the public perception of justice or that may otherwise be considered publicly unacceptable. Parties shall make efforts to favour healthy competition and to observe good marketing practices.
- Cooperation with other parties within the framework of an assignment shall be characterised by correct business relations, clear agreements and mutual respect.
- Those involved in the Swedish construction sector shall adopt a strict stance with regard to measures undertaken to establish contacts and business relations, such as inappropriate gifts or travel.
- Those involved in the Swedish construction sector may not engage or cooperate with unreliable parties. Illegal labour shall be actively counteracted.
- Those involved in the Swedish construction sector shall perform their assignments professionally and within the bounds of good business practices. All assignments shall be conducted utilising the requisite expertise and resources necessary for the task.
- Those involved in the Swedish construction sector may not harm the reputations of colleagues or other parties by making gratuitous and unsubstantiated critical statements regarding their situation.